- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a saucepot and slowly bring to a hot temperature, it is important that you do not boil the milk.
- Pour sauce into a large marinating container and place beef brisket inside. Refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat from marinade and cold smoke at 200 -220 F on a smoker. Allow 1.5 hrs cooking time per lb of brisket.
- After internal temp has reached 165F, tent in aluminum foil for ½-1 hr or until temp reached 170F.
- Cut meat diagonal to grain to serve. Best served with coleslaw.