Submitted By: Shelly Poetker - From: Taste of Home Cookbook
Shelly Says: "This is a recipe that has been in my family for years. It's easy, fast, and always a great hit with company."
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or any other cheese of preference
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Pour half of the meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas in microwave until soft and pliable (approximately 1 minute). Spread warm tortillas with cream cheese and top with chilies. Fold tortillas in half. Arrange folded tortillas over meat sauce; pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.